Decisions

Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Classic decision making moments...



These scenes were snapped on 25th May, 2006 as we made decisions about 1. the final use of the room, 2. what furniture would therefore be in the room, and 3. which windows, out of our stock pile, would be best for the purpose.

As these were the very first windows to be installed, we also had to keep in mind how cohesive we wanted to outside appearance to look - did we want a pattern of repeated squares, diamonds, rectangles or what? This question was not completely decided till some time later.

The dreaded diamond pane window was up as an option. This was toward the beginning of it's infamous journey around the house.

At this point, we more or less decided that we would knock out the wall behind Mum and I (see below) into the blue room, make the blue room the kitchen (nice and cool on the south eastern corner) and turn the pink room - or perhaps a small extension out the side (you can see the french doors in the bottom photo; they are to my right in the photo below) - into a semi-connected dining room.


Not everything becomes immediately obvious. One thing we knew for sure: we needed light coming in from at least two sides of the room in order to lose its cave-like atmosphere.



The final decision for the day.

6 comments:

  1. Rachael April 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM

    Hey! I've been missing all your posts ~ didn't realise you were up dating! Cool pics :) How did you get your blog name on the corner of them?

  2. Click April 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM

    Hey Rachael, I thought about leaving a comment on my faithful follower's blog to let her know I'd finally got around to posting, but what do you know - she'd already dropped by and left a comment of her own!
    Yes, I'm trying to get a move on, now that I've done the hard yards and trawled through all our accumulated photos for the renovation pics. In fact, I'm feeling very self satisfied because I not only unearthed all our renovation photos, but organized them onto one USB device. It is now simple to post from my laptop :)
    The watermark on the corner of the photos was through selecting that option while exporting (thus resizing) photos from Picasa(3). If you haven't got Picasa, I recommend it. I'd better warn you though, it works fast on my (duo 2 core, 6 month old) laptop, but not quite as fast on the old family desktop. But it's free; you can download it off the web. And it links in with Gmail etc.
    Thanks for looking by. Hope to get the colour scheme sorted out soon!

    Click

  3. ~Jess April 11, 2009 at 12:43 PM

    That one of you, CJ, leaning against the wall is a classic!
    Very funny : )

  4. b. axe April 11, 2009 at 1:12 PM

    Hey, that last pick is so cute!

  5. Click April 11, 2009 at 4:11 PM

    Jess, hello! Yes, that photo always puts a wry smile on my face. It does look very comical. We're fortunate that it didn't come out looking as frustrated as I felt. I appear to pull enough grim faces as it is ;) (You can't really see in the photos I've posted, because I've resized them, but the expressions on my face at times ... Shivers!)

  6. Click April 11, 2009 at 4:15 PM

    B.axe (Bec, I presume?), that photo is cute, isn't it. The weirdest thing for us, is seeing how MUCH the three youngest have changed and grown. They are so much taller when they stand against the doors now.